Re: [News] Microsoft faces lawsuit over Silverlight

Phil Da Lick! wrote:
> amicus_curious wrote:
>> Phil Da Lick! wrote...

>>> Speaking of idiots, please point out where in the OP it is mentioned
>>> that "patents etc are ok as long as someone is suing Microsoft".
>>
>> Why it is simple logic, Phil!  That dipshit only posts stuff negative
>> about Microsoft

Lie.

>> and so the only possible implication is that Microsoft is guilty of
>> another imagined sin against the "little guy".

Lie.

>> Ergo, the plaintiff is right and Microsoft is wrong.

Right.

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2005/07/14/microsofts-lawsuit-payouts-amount-to-around--9-billion

or http://tinyurl.com/59wley

[quote]
Microsoft's lawsuit payouts amount to around $9 billion
Updated Twice the GDP of Cambodia
By Désiré Athow: Thursday, 14 July 2005, 2:35 PM
* UPDATE Additional material at the end of this article.

MICROSOFT HAS had a long, a very long history of litigation, court orders,
patent infringements and antitrust lawsuits against it since the very
beginning of its history. We;ve managed to draw up a partial list of these.

The surprising thing is not only the number of those lawsuits against
Microsoft - at one time, it had more than 130 pending - but more
importantly, the sheer amount of money it represents.

The Redmond giant has been ordered to pay nearly $9 billion, a figure
which is set to rise with some lawsuits still to be ruled on.

[.... Table below rearranged according to award amount, header added]

Award Amount	Plaintiff
--------------  ------------------
$1,950,000,000 	Sun
$1,100,000,000 	California
$850,000,000 	IBM
$750,000,000 	AOL
$613,000,000 	EU
$536,000,000 	Novell
$521,000,000 	Eolas
$500,000,000 	DR DOS/Caldera
$440,000,000 	Intertrust
$250,000,000 	Apple
$240,000,000 	Minnesota
$202,000,000 	Florida
$150,000,000 	Gateway
$104,600,000 	Arizona
$96,000,000 	Perma Temps
$89,000,000 	North Carolina
$83,000,000 	Stac
$64,000,000 	Tennessee
$62,000,000 	SPX
$60,000,000 	Burst
$35,000,000 	Immersion
$34,000,000 	Massachusett
$32,000,000 	Kansas
$23,250,000 	Be
$22,600,000 	Nebraska state
$12,300,000 	Montana
$10,500,000 	Maryland
$10,500,000 	Private (5)
$9,700,000 	Vermont
$9,330,000 	South Dakota
$9,000,000 	Employee fired (3)
$9,000,000 	North Dakota
$8,960,000 	Carlos Armando (1)
$8,600,000 	Daum (4)
$6,200,000 	Columbia
$4,100,000 	Bristol
$3,150,000 	New Mexico
$2,000,000 	Iowa
Undisclosed 	Alacritech
Undisclosed 	AT&T
Undisclosed	Sendo
Still in court?	Discrimation Suit (2)
Still in court 	E-data
Still in court	Forgent
Still in court	Go
Still in court	Mythic
Still in court	Wordperfect suit
Still in court	Real

[...] * UPDATE Thanks to Groklaw and Mr. Jaffar for their assistance. Ten
more cases have now been added and the total in the coffer now exceeds the
$9 billion mark:

Time Line Settled, undisclosed
Ticketmaster Settled, undisclosed
Priceline Still in court?
Goldtouch technology Settled, undisclosed
Syn'x $ 250,000
eLeaders Settled, undisclosed
e-Pass Still in court
Roger Avary (6) Still in court
Arendi Holdings Still in court?
Borland $100,000,000
[/quote]

>> Fortunately, you bozos are as ineffective as can be and so there is
>> never much damage done that a little price increase can't fix.  Sweet!

See above.

> So flattie joined the dots for him, and put words in his mouth. Glad we
> cleared that up.

Most of the astroturfing herein follows closely to the Microsoft
Evangelism philosophy, 'Use [...] the Internet, etc. to heighten the
impression that the enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, [...]
associated with mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus,
the Easter Bunny".  Just keep rubbing it in, via the [...] newsgroups,
[...] make the complete failure of the competition's technology
part of the mythology of the computer industry.'

(reference PDF pages 45 & 55 on
http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf - Comes vs Microsoft lawsuit )

--
HPT