[News] Eclipse Nets Another Strategic Developer

Sonatype Joins Eclipse Foundation as Strategic Developer With Seat on Board of
Directors

,----[ Quote ]
| Sonatype, the leader in Java development infrastructure, today announced that
| they have joined the Eclipse Foundation as a Strategic Developer. Sonatype
| will now have a seat on the Board of Directors and on the Eclipse Planning
| and Architecture council. Additionally, Sonatype has pledged to commit at
| least eight of their developers full-time to developing Eclipse technology.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/sonatype-joins-eclipse-foundation-strategic/story.aspx?guid=%7B30613CAA-BF78-4941-9C21-DB08684CE9C6%7D&dist=hppr
http://tinyurl.com/5lsqdl

Recent:

Eclipse Ganymede improves SOA tools

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation has announced the annual release of its open
| development platform. In line with tradition, this package is named Ganymede,
| after one of Jupiter's moons. The last two predecessors were named after
| Callisto and Europa. The new package contains programs from 23 Eclipse
| project teams, with more than 18 million lines of code.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/110055/from/rss09

Open Enterprise Interview: Mike Milinkovich

,----[ Quote ]
| The other thing that most people don’t appreciate is that the evolution is
| community driven. The Eclipse Foundation is not a software company that sets
| a strategy and then executes. We rely upon our community members to set the
| direction of the technology. It results in a very organicand dynamic
| environment that is very different from what I have experienced working in a
| corporate setting.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=767&pn=1

Related: