[News] Free (Libre) CMS Contest Launched

Start Voting for Your Favorite Open Source CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| The first stage of the Award is a call for nominations, which enables fans to
| nominate their favorite Open Source CMS. The five Content Management System's
| that receive the most nominations in each category will go through to the
| final stage of voting, which starts at the beginning of September.
`----

http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/psecom,id,22,site_layout,sdaindia,news,23635,p,0.html

2008 Open Source CMS Award: Nominations now being taken!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Packt Open Source Content Management System Award is designed to
| encourage, support, recognize and reward Open Source Content Management
| Systems (CMS) that have been selected by a panel of judges and visitors to
| www.PacktPub.com. Now entering its third year, the Award has established
| itself as an important measure for quality and the popularity of Open Source
| Content Management Systems.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/award

Recent:

My first months at Acquia

,----[ Quote ]
| Approximately 25% of my time is spent running engineering and directing
| product development. The latter includes specifying the product, defining
| what our engineers will work on, ensuring that we're on track, and making
| sure that we have the best technology. I also enjoy talking to other projects
| and companies to create options for both Acquia and the Drupal community.
|
| In my role as CTO, I don't think I've contributed a single line of code to
| Acquia's upcoming products. I expected this, but I find it surprising
| nonetheless. Instead I'm often sidetracked into marketing, human resources,
| and customer service related activities. It is interesting and refreshing to
| be on both the technical side and the business side of things. I like it a
| lot.
`----

http://buytaert.net/my-first-months-at-acquia#comment-4248

Joomla! and the latest trends in the open source revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| In a statement they said:"We will talk about the latest trends in the
| open-source revolution that has liberated online software from the
| proprietorial designs of companies like Microsoft and made feature-rich Web
| sites affordable for all businesses, not-for-profit groups and individuals."
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=A416D271-17A4-0F78-3161096AC39AA8E2

BitNami.org Makes Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla! Easy to Install on Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
| BitNami Stacks for Solaris include Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla! and MediaWiki.
| SAMPStack, an easy to install distribution of Apache, MySQL and PHP for
| Solaris, is also available from BitNami.org. Each Stack is released as open
| source under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License, allowing users to download
| and use the Stacks free of charge.

WordPress is Open Source

,----[ Quote ]

`----