[News] Moodle and SnapLogic Come to Amazon Clouds

Open Source Moodle Heads to the Amazon Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Infinity Learning Solutions announces a cloud computing solution for Moodle
| using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Included in the offering is an
| optional single sign-on integration with DigitalChalk, a streaming video
| lesson authoring and delivery system also available on AWS.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Moodle/Cloud_Hosting/prweb1105914.htm

Web Hosting Provider, Amazon Web Services, Integrates SnapLogic Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon Web Services LLC, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc., has deployed a new
| version of the SnapLogic open source data integration framework, optimized to
| run on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2).
`----

http://www.websitehostdirectory.com/hostingnews.html&file=article&special=web-hosting-provider-amazon-web-services-integrates-snaplogic-open-source-2302

Earlier:

Moodle Open Source E-Learning Heads for the Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is the first Moodle offering on a cloud computing platform that we are
| aware of," said Troy Tolle, Chief Technology Officer at Infinity Learning
| Solutions, in a statement. "Many community colleges and universities lack the
| resources and infrastructure to rapidly roll out a full featured Moodle
| solution. Taking advantage of cloud computing opens up new possibilities for
| these institutions," said Tolle.
`----

http://ostatic.com/168506-blog/moodle-open-source-e-learning-heads-for-the-cloud

Recent:

HowToMoodle: OSS Learning Platform Goes Pro

,----[ Quote ]
| Moodle is used for online learning on some 40,000 Web sites, but UK training
| managers have been slow to react. "They are used to proprietary software, but
| this is very often costly to adopt, with heavy license fees that can be
| expensive if large numbers of people are involved.
|
| [...]
|
| "Moodle has been like a lot of open source software, where development has
| been left to individual innovation and training.
|
| "We decided to introduce an element of professionalism into the business."
|
| "We are now training and supporting organizations all over the UK as the
| recognized center of Moodle support," Lawrence added.

Moodle - the open source software that's getting serious

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.onrec.com/newsstories/21153.asp