[News] Sun Recommends NetBeans IDE to GNU/Linux Developers

NetBeans: The Ultimate Linux IDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Blogger Kunal, in a recent post, lists some of the NetBeans features that
| qualify it to be the "Ultimate Linux IDE".
`----

http://sunflash.sun.com/articles/125/2/opt-dev/20238

It's dual-licensed though.

Recent:

Java - 100 per cent open source by end of this year

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is to open source the last closed-source parts of Java, a move that
| should make it possible to fully integrate the software into Linux
| distributions.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024653,39208906,00.htm

Sun woos Linux distros with bundle deals

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal is for distros to come with Sun's open source Java Enterprise
| Edition project Glassfish, the NetBeans development framework, and the Java
| Standard Edition project OpenJDK.
|
| Sun is reaching out to Debian, after parts of Glassfish began showing up in
| the distro - Sun would, obviously, like to see all of Glassfish ship with
| Debian.
|
| Sun is also working to build on early work with Ubuntu. As of now, OpenJDK is
| available in the Hardy Heron release of Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/28/sun_open_source_software_distros/

Calling All NetBeans Innovators!

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is offering ten grants of US $11,500 - equivalent to several months of
| pay for developers in some countries - for the best NetBeans projects
| submitted by open source developers.
`----

http://linuxbusinessnews.sys-con.com/read/503097_p.htm

Related:

NetBeans Beta 2 Is Dual-Licensed

,----[ Quote ]
| The NetBeans community has released the latest build of its open source,
| Java-based integrated development environment (IDE) with, among other new
| features, a dual-licensing scheme.
`----

http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21674

Sun Dual-Licenses NetBeans

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems has announced that the latest version of its open-source
| application development platform, NetBeans Version 6.0 Beta 2, is now
| dual-licensed.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2208122,00.as

Sun proposes GPL/CDDL dual license for NetBeans

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/2007/08/17/sun-proposes-gplcddl-dual-license-for-netbeans/