[News] Comprehensive Review of the Latest Linux Mint (Elyssa)

Distro Review: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I would say Mint 5 is more a case of evolution than revolution, there
| are of course improvements here which are welcome but it feels more a case of
| fine tuning things than adding big new features. The distro already does so
| much that it's hard to see what new features are really needed, though I'm
| sure the developers have plans. It should also be noted that this is based on
| Ubuntu 8.04 which is an LTS release and itself could be considered quite
| conservative on the feature front, it's about stability and consolidation
| which makes sense.
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2008/07/distro-review-linux-mint-5-elyssa.html

Recent:

Linux Mint 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of my clients are non-profit companies that don’t have a lot of extra
| funds or could use existing funds in a different way instead of spending it
| on software licensing.
|
| So, how does Mint answer those questions?  Extremely well, actually.
`----

http://odysseus.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/linux-mint-5/

A Date with Elyssa

,----[ Quote ]
| After dating Cassandra and Daryna, I spend some time with the newest Mint
| girl in town. Elyssa is her name or you can simply call her Mint 5.
|
| [...]
|
| With Elyssa, Linux Mint has cemented its place as my top rated distro for
| Linux newbies particularly those who have just migrated from Windows. It is
| so easy to use that you can call it Ubuntu for dummies. Plus, it is filled
| with necessary tools and applications that make desktop computing a breeze.
| All in all, Elyssa is yet another successful release for Mint. No wonder why
| Mint is really on the rise and has now overtaken some of the most popular
| Linux distributions.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/06/date-with-elyssa.html

Review: Linux Mint 5