Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

Verily I say unto thee, that Tom Shelton spake thusly:

> libbeagle.so is a C library - therefore, has nothing to do with Mono
> other then the Beagle search tool calls into it for some of it's
> functionality.  It in no way is dependant on mono, afik.

That's more than a little disingenuous, since libbeagle's entire purpose
is to provide bindings to Beagle, without which it is rather pointless.

The fact is that I do not want Mono, nor any of it's supporting
infrastructure (regardless of what language those supporting libraries
are written in) anywhere near my systems. A lot of other people concur.

Also it seems that Debajyoti Bera (Beagle) is as determined to poison
Free Software with .NET as de Icaza:

[quote]
We would be extremely happy if beagle only used C# for all its
operations. Unfortunately, we have to depend on a lot of C libraries for
indexing certain files.
[/quote]

http://slated.org/free_software_diseased_by_mono

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 00:44:26 up 203 days, 21:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.14, 0.15