Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

* Tom Shelton peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On 2008-07-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Linonut on Friday 11 July 2008 19:11 : \____
>>>
>>> I'm already on fluxbox, but, like XFce, will keep using GTK.  I wonder
>>> what Stallman thinks of all this.
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-list@xxxxxxxxx/msg02625.html
>
> libbeagle.so is a C library - therefore, has nothing to do with Mono other
> then the Beagle search tool calls into it for some of it's functionality.  It
> in no way is dependant on mono, afik.

Try marking beagle (not libbeagle) for installation.  You'll see a lot
of libmono libraries added as dependencies.

Okay, next.  Right now, it doesn't look like Gnome-desktop depends on
mono.  If de Icaza rewrites Gnome (whether to base it on .NET or not),
that's a big step backward for Gnome, unless they can handle it at least
as well as the KDE team handled their rewrite.

I've lost interest in one project, TaskJuggler, because they've decided
to rewrite this C++ application -- in Ruby.

--
Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #18:

Q:  Are you married?