Re: [News] [SOT] HOWTO: Pass New Laws (Lows)

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Homer
<usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:01:23 +0100
<40oik5-qf8.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> Terrorism, gangsterism, or just aggressive business tactics? Good
>> question.
>
> The first is an accurate if impassioned description, and the third is
> merely a euphemism for the second.

Aye.

>> I wish Elliot Ness were still around to help answer it, maybe. ;-)
>
> Capone had guns; Microsoft has lobbyists.
> The weapons have changed but the corruption remains the same.

And with much the same result; the business interests
prosper while the people pay for an inferior product, or
overpay for what they should be getting at a reasonable
price.

(Not that communism worked all that well, either, but
one might ask whether ultra-pure communism (or for that
matter pure capitalism!) would be a perfect Utopia, and
all implementations thereof heretofore were corrupted by
human nature.  Presumably, China among other recognized the
corruption, and is attempting to deal with it by switching
supply models.  There are also issues regarding economies
of scale; not everyone has a chip fab in their basement.
Heck, not everyone has a *basement* to put a chip fab in...:-) )

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #40490127:
for(;;) ;