[News] [Rival] Google Defends Yahoo, Hypocoritesoft Throws Slime

Independent Yahoo is better for business: Google

,----[ Quote ]
| "The world is better off with an independent Yahoo," Google CEO Eric Schmidt
| told reporters. There's "more competition ... in search, and more competition
| in the other advertising markets where Yahoo is a leader."
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/innovationNews/idUSWEN663420080711

Microsoft Raises Concerns About Google And Privacy

,----[ Quote ]
| The deal between Google and Yahoo to display Google ads on Yahoo's search
| results is in the process of receiving antitrust scrutiny from the Justice
| Department. Microsoft wants to make sure the Senate doesn't miss an
| opportunity to consider the deal, which puts Microsoft at a deeper
| disadvantage in competition with Google.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/07/09/microsoft-raises-concerns-about-google-and-privacy

Coming from the company that spies on you at O/S-level (just need to switch the
computer on to be spied on) and abuses its monopoly. Self-serving hypocrites.
They also get a list of every page you visit (in IE7 or above)

Related:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The adware framework would leave almost no data untouched in its quest to
| sell you stuff. It would inspect "user document files, user e-mail files,
| user music files, downloaded podcasts, computer settings, computer status
| messages (e.g., a low memory status or low printer ink)," and more. How could
| we have been so blind as to not see the marketing value in computer status
| messages?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070717-microsoft-patents-the-mother-of-all-adware-systems.html

New software can identify you from your online habits

,----[ Quote ]
| That is the spectre raised by new research conducted by Microsoft.
| The computing giant is developing software that could accurately
| guess your name, age, gender and potentially even your location,
| by analysing telltale patterns in your web browsing history. But
| experts say the idea is a clear threat to privacy - and may be
| illegal in some places.
`----

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=mg19426046.400&feedId=being-human_rss20
http://tinyurl.com/2lrazk

Microsoft could be teaching police to hack Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2150555/microsoft-teaching-police-hack