Re: Vista SP1 won't install on dual-boot systems: Microsoft

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 31 July 2008 19:44 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:32:58 +0000
> <2067602.OuEOE9A3ty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> ____/ AZ Nomad on Thursday 31 July 2008 17:23 : \____

>>> At one point in the 90's, I dual booted win95 and OS/2.  I discovered
>>> that my OS/2 system was a hell of a lot more reliable when I didn't
>>> use win95.  The win95 had a habbit of randomly corrupting the OS/2
>>> partition.
>>
>> Won't be done until <put "F* kill" product here> won't run.
>>
>> They do this to Google...
>>
>> They do this to OOo (with 'new' formats)...
>>
>> They do this to Free Software...
>>
>> VMWare...
>
> Shooting themselves in the foot with respect to the
> sophisticated cognoscenti, though the Average Joe
> (Homeowner or BusinessPerson) might not care all that much
> as long as his "majikthingy" works.
>
> [.sigsnip]

It harms their public image, that's for sure. That's why more and more
sysadmins adopt an "everything but Microsoft" policy.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount