[News] New Trailer for Crowd-sourced Film "Swarm of Angels"

Swarm of Angels Posts Open-Source Movie Trailer

,----[ Quote ]
| Online filmmaking collective A Swarm of Angels has posted a crowd-sourced
| indie trailer teaser for The Unfold, its sci-fi movie-in-progress.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/07/swarm-collectiv.html

Recent:

Second open source HD movie set to arrive on May 15

,----[ Quote ]
| On May 15, the Blender Foundation is releasing its latest open source
| project. Known as Project Peach, Big Buck Bunny is coming to DVD (available
| for preorder). Big Buck Bunny or Project Peach will come in two DVD versions,
| one version containing the "best DVD quality widescreen format" (both NTSC
| and PAL are available), while the second will feature an HD version of the
| movie using a regular dual-layer DVD disc (.avi and .mov formats).
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37138/98/

Open-source films attack Hollywood

,----[ Quote ]
| The Star Wreck Studios team, based in Tampere, Finland, has built a virtual
| studio for Iron Sky and an open-source platform that gives anybody the chance
| to make a film at no cost. They have recruited American Stephen Lee as
| managing director, and the chairman of the board is John Buckman, mostly
| known as the founder of Magnatune, a record label he created in Berkeley,
| Calif., in 2003.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9923120-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Just peachy: free software, free movies

,----[ Quote ]
| Although my artistic talent is probably in the low one percentile, after
| watching the movie I went to the Blender web site to see what was there, and
| was thrilled to see another open movie in the works: Peach. And it’s just
| getting geared up for production. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link to
| pre-order the movie, and perhaps impulsively decided I wanted to support this
| new project.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/just_peachy_free_software_free_movies

Related:

Peach Open Movie

,----[ Quote ]
| As a follow-up to the successful project Orange's "Elephants Dream",
| the Blender Foundation will initiate another open movie project.
| Again a couple of the best 3D artists and developers in the Blender
| community will be invited to come together to work in Amsterdam on
| completing a short 3D animation movie.
`----

http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/2007-plans

Stray Cinema: Open Source Film-making on the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Stray Cinema invites people to create short films, based on raw footage
| that was filmed in London on a digital camera. The idea is that
| participants download the footage and edit parts of it into their own 2
| minute film.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/stray_cinema.php

A Swarm and Angels