[News] Texas Instruments Systems Come with Linux Kit

RISC/DSP SoCs ship with Linux tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Texas Instruments (TI) says it is now shipping all four of its OMAP35xx
| system-on-chips (SoCs), and it announced a Linux-based Digital Video Software
| Development Kit (DVSDK) to go with them.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3581886124.html?kc=rss

Recent:

TI and Neuros team up to build open-source media platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux-based operating system and software stack will be called the Open
| Internet Television HDPlatform and will be developed around TI's TMS320DM644x
| DSP system-on-a-chip line, codenamed DaVinci. Neuros says that additional
| details about the software will be available soon and the individual bounties
| will be announced iteratively over the next six months.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080422-ti-and-neuros-team-up-to-build-open-source-media-platform.html

TI targets Linux and open source with new OMAP chips

,----[ Quote ]
| Texas Instruments is seeking open source developers with its new line of
| OMAP35x chips, with enhanced support for Linux in mobile and embedded
| applications.
|
| Kevin Hawkins, marketing manager for OMAP application processors, said “Open
| source isn’t new to TI. We are being more vocal about it now, more active.”
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2093

TI Joins LiMo Foundation™

,----[ Quote ]
| LiMo Foundation and Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN),
| announced today the important addition of TI as the Foundation’s newest Core
| member.
`----

http://www.technologynewsdaily.com/node/9534

The Linux Foundation Expands Membership With Addition of Texas Instruments

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080304/0370051.html