Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lied Many Times About Windows Vista Sales

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
<website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:15:16 GMT
<ELLjk.34695$E41.32538@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Unwanted licences boost Vista numbers
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "From the 30th of June, we have no longer been able to ship a PC with an
>> | XP licence," said Jane Bradburn, a marketing manager for HP Australia.
>> | "However, what we have been able to do with Microsoft is ship PCs with a
>> | Vista Business licence but with XP pre-loaded. That is still the
>> | majority of business computers we are selling today."
>> |
>> | Therefore the Vole's claims for high Vista sales figures are merely so
>> | much steer manure. The major PC vendors are still preloading Windows XP,
>> | but Microsoft is counting those XP preloads as Vista sales.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/29
> vista-sales-really-windows-xp
>

> One side of the mouth PISTA is selling, other side of the mouth NOT REALLY!!

Vista is in fact selling; Microsoft does not care if the
machines onto which it's installed are put into service
or sit in a warehouse gathering dust.  Either way, they
get paid.

Nice racket, eh?  Wish I could do that.

With this new racket, they can even claim a more expensive license.

> WTF?

Way To Fraud, I think that means. :-)  Agreed wholeheartedly, though
it *is* what the customer wants, apparently -- assuming we can't
sidle in edgewise and sell them Ubuntu (as an idea) instead.

> Does micoshaft want to go and write the GENUINE figures to a SEC filing
> document?! Micosahft is guaranteed to be sued. If they tell the truth that
> it is only expee they are selling, then it goes against their official
> press statements and they can be sued for billions for the lies their
> sales staff and management have gone into print with in order to swindle
> shareholders.

I'm old enough to remember (vaguely) the mid-80's, where Atari put a
bunch of game cartridges in a landfill.  This has the same smell...

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- insert random sickly stench here
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}