[News] PriceHitter Bases Product on Free Software, Real Patriots Use Free Software

  • Subject: [News] PriceHitter Bases Product on Free Software, Real Patriots Use Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:05:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PriceHitter Embraces Open Source Infrastructure

,----[ Quote ]
| PriceHitter, a startup in the already crowded and highly competitive field of
| shopping search engines, today announced complete migration to the PHP
| scripting language for its back-end Operations.
`----

http://www.prleap.com/pr/123540/

Open Source, The Patriotic Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Governments are political animals, and favors emanate from them to trusted
| supporters, software companies among them. Diebold Inc, with its voting
| systems at the center of a handful of controversies, has been an off and on
| presence on Capitol Hill according to OpenSecrets.org.
|
| The company has drawn its share of critics over the years, dating back to
| complaints in 2003 of numerous flaws with its software. This demonstrates why
| Peterson dislikes the secret software approach...
`----

http://www.securitypronews.com/insiderreports/insider/spn-49-20080728OpenSourceThePatrioticSolution.html

Related:

Call for digital patriotism

,----[ Quote ]
| Digital patriotism is needed if SA is to not only protect, but foster local
| innovation, says Nhlanhla Mabaso, Open Source Centre manager at the CSIR.
`----

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2007/0710241032.asp?S=Innovations&A=INV&O=FPTOP

Why Patriots should use Linux and other free software

,----[ Quote ]
| The whole idea behind the truth movement of today, whether it be
| anti war, anti new world order, anti gun control, anti big
| government, is to spread information to as many people as
| possible, so that we may reach the critical mass necessary
| to create real change in this country. One of the greatest
| assets we have in spreading this information is through the
| internet, using our computers. Why should we trust this great
| task to a computer that isn't going to do what we want when it
| conflicts with what these giant corporations want it to do.
`----

http://wikiprotest.com/blog/index.php/2007/02/13/why-patriots-should-use-linux-and-other-free-software/
http://tinyurl.com/2uschf

[Satire:] Buy Microsoft, it's your patriotic duty

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.it-director.com/enterprise/other/content.php?cid=9038&amp;ref=fd_itd