[News] Best Free (Libre) Web Browser Released

GNU IceCat 3.0.1-g1

,----[ Quote ]
| I am pleased to announce the new version for the GNU IceCat web
| browser.
|
| GNU IceCat is based on the Mozilla Firefox source code.  While the
| basic Mozilla Firefox source code is free software, and we thank them
| for their significant contributions to the community, some non-free
| files are distributed in the Firefox source tree, and Firefox can
| recommend non-free plugins.  IceCat is entirely Free Software.
`----

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2008-07/msg00083.html

Lots of choice for E-mail as well:

42 of the Best Free Linux Email Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Email is arguably one of the most popular and useful functions of a Linux
| system. Fortunately, there is a wide selection of free email software
| available on the Linux platform which is stable, feature laden, and ideal for
| personal and business environments.  Send and receive emails, run a mail
| server, filter spam, administer a mailing list are just some of the options
| explored in this article.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20080721142836801/Email.html

Recent:

IceCat 3 Out With Extra Freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| IceCat 3, the latest version of the GNUzilla version of the popular Firefox
| browser has been released. The main advantage of Icecat is an ethical one
| according to its makers.
|
| “It is entirely free software. While the source code from the Mozilla project
| is free software, the binaries that they release include additional non-free
| software. Also, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins,”
| the GNUzilla team says.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2548

Need FF2 in Hardy? Try GNU’s IceCat.

,----[ Quote ]
| IceCat is “the GNU version of the Firefox browser.” Basically, the GNU guys
| took Mozilla’s code, and compiled it without using the “proprietary” parts,
| meaning the Logo and the name, among other things.
`----

http://www.ozymo.com/~chuck/blog/2008/04/18/need-ff2-in-hardy-try-gnus-icecat/

Related:

Firefox Set Free in IceWeasel

,----[ Quote ]
| One possible outcome is that Debian developers just rename Firefox to
| something else. Another possibility is that they just use GNU's
| IceWeasel.

Iceweasel released from its cage

,----[ Quote ]
`----