Re: [News] Overview of Good IRC Clients for GNU/Linux

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:23:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> IRC Clients for Linux - A Review
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Since I'm an IRC addict and I always liked to spend time learning new
> stuff | on IRC, here is a review of several IRC clients for Linux. Some
> of them are | well-known and popular, like XChat, Konversation or Irssi,
> and others are not | so widely used or known, but nevertheless, they
> deserve mentioning. `----
>
> http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/07/irc-clients-for-linux-
review.html

"Pidgin
I must say, I rarely use Pidgin or Kopete for connecting to an IRC
network, but you can find it useful if you don't care much about having a
powerful, dedicated client especially for IRC. Pidgin is widely known for
being the GNOME IM (Instant Messaging) client first, but it can also be
used as a basic IRC client if you are looking to only get on IRC, without
all the options advanced clients provide."

why the poor review for pidgin?  What sort of advanced options?  Some
sort of scripting?

-Thufir