Re: [News] Short Take on Puppy Linux 4.0

> Puppy Linux 4.0 on my old laptop: it's getting better
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Recently I tried one of my fav distro, Puppy Linux, on my very old laptop
>| Toshiba Tecra 8200.
>| And this time I found a pleasant surprise.
> `----
>
> http://seputarlinux.blogspot.com/2008/06/puppy-linux-40-on-my-old-laptop-its.html

Puppy and Damn Small Linux both run well on my old (BIOS is dated 1996)
no-name laptop.  Damn Small used even less RAM than Puppy.  However, the
install process for Damn Small hung partway through.

So I decided to try the latest Debian net-install (4.0rc3), and that did
install.  Started getting a lot of hard-drive I/O errors while running
aptitude, until I direct a fan at the laptop.

I want to get the atheros wireless card working on it, then try to use
the laptop as a no-GUI xmms2 access point for my stereo.

This machine is a 380 MHz K6 box with 96 Mb of RAM.

--
Are you ever going to do the dishes?  Or will you change your major to biology?