[News] Amarok 2.0 Reaches Second Alpha, KDE 4.1 Finalised Shortly

Aulanerk - Alpha 2 of Amarok 2.0 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is proud to announce the second alpha version of Amarok 2,
| codenamed Aulanerk. We have spent many sleepless nights resolving issues and
| polishing features since the first alpha was released. It wasn't just for fun
| though ;-) We want the 2.0 release to be the best ever.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/529

KDE Commit Digest: Issue 115

,----[ Quote ]
| In a long-planned move, the FolderView Plasmoid also becomes a containment
| (which enables it to fill the desktop space). The FolderView Plasma applet
| gets standard folder interaction context menu items. First version of
| CommandWatch Plasmoid, which displays output of a given console command.
| Support for displaying the running state of plugins and terminating jobs,
| abstraction of code completion (leading to initial code completion support
| for Java), and the clearing out of bug reports in KDevelop 4. Integration of
| the Panaramio online service into Marble. Work on loading themes in Parley.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-06-15/

Related:

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
| room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128636-page,4-c,linux/article.html

Get your groove on with Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
| no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
| and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
| gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
| to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.

What Makes Amarok the Most Popular Audio Player on Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| This article lists 7 reasons for which I think this is the most loved audio
| player. I preferred to leave out the more technical ones, and just focus on
| the highlights.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-makes-amarok-most-popular-audio.html

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]