[News] New Low-cost GNU/Linux Laptop Emerges in the UK: Webbook

Say hello to the webbook

,----[ Quote ]
| The really cool thing about the webbook is the software. The webbok comes
| pre-loaded with Ubuntu 8.04.1 and some new software written especially for
| this application that delivers broadband connectivity over 3G Mobile
| networks.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/07/24/say-hello/

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Jisus Laptop: 8.9" Low-cost Laptop For 300EUR; Watch Cool Pictures & a Video

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, as you see the market of low-cost laptops is very hot. Today we are
| learning about a new low-cost laptop from Netherlands.
|
| [...]
|
| It runs on Ubuntu Linux
`----

http://laptopcom.blogspot.com/2008/04/jisus-laptop-89-low-cost-laptop-for.html

Dutch UMPC runs Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Dutch integrator Van Der Led (VDL) Designs has announced a clone of the Asus
| Eee PC ultra-mini PC (UMPC) notebook. The WiFi-enabled "Jisus" UMPC is
| equipped with a Chinese-made 1GHz Loongson CPU, has an 8.9-inch display, and
| runs Ubuntu Linux.

A tiny revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| It's smaller then a textbook and cheaper than many software packages. George
| Cole visits two schools using the first in a new breed of mini laptops
|
| [...]
|
| These mini laptops have caused a stir in the education sector, not least
| because they offer many features found on full-sized laptops, including
| built-in wireless networking. Their low cost (£169) is partly down to their
| use of open source software like the Linux operating system and free software
| packages such as Open Office.
`----

http://education.guardian.co.uk/link/story/0,,2266333,00.html

Mini-laptop sweeps through schools