[News] UNIX Reviews: 'Open' Solaris, Unfinished SCO Review

Checking out Opensolaris 2008.05

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a lot to like about OpenSolaris 2008.05, especially if you've come
| from a Solaris background. If, on the other hand, you've come from a Linux
| background, you may find yourself fairly unimpressed with the various
| niggles, lack of drivers and annoyingly old set of command-line tools.
| Nevertheless, I found that OpenSolaris is a marked improvement upon Solaris
| 10, and especially from a server point of view, and look forward to seeing
| its features rolled out in the forthcoming Solaris 11.
`----

http://iomem.com/archives/9-Checking-out-Opensolaris-2008.05.html

At least they support Linux...

Sun Takes a Shine to Linux in New Web Stack

,----[ Quote ]
| Much of the open source community relies on the popular LAMP (Linux, Apache,
| MySQL and PHP) application stack, a setup that traditionally has been offered
| through Linux vendors.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3760741/Sun+Takes+a+Shine+to+Linux+in+New+Web+Stack.htm

While SCO attacks Linux...

SCO Blast From The Past

,----[ Quote ]
| Once upon a time, there was a Linux company named SCO. They were a good
| company until evil overlords bent on sueing the world arrived on the scene.
| This isn't that story.
`----

http://www.marcelgagne.com/node/581

Video.

Related:

Sun Microsystems' Next Linux Move

,----[ Quote ]
| Rather, Sun is preparing to certify more of its servers for Canonical's
| Ubuntu Linux. The effort includes Sun's latest small and midsize business
| servers. In an interview with Reuters on April 2, Canonical CEO Mark
| Shuttleworth reinforced the growing relations between Sun and Ubuntu.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/71011-sun-microsystems-next-linux-move

Sun deploys Linux high performance cluster at Kuwait Oil Company

,----[ Quote ]
| Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has deployed a Linux-based High Performance Cluster
| from Sun Microsystems to run its reservoir simulation software, increase its
| processing power, and enable the company to take critical business decisions
| faster than ever before.
`----

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index.php?option=com_pressreleases&view=detail&pr_id=10633&Itemid=77&ln=en

Sun's X64-Based Streaming Server Runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn042607-story01.html