[News] [Rival]] Microsoft Lost $90,000,000,000 in Value!!

Microsoft Holders Say Web Spending Masks Idea Drought (Update1)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer says he plans to spend
| hundreds of millions of dollars to fix the company's unprofitable Internet
| business. His investors say they want proof he knows what to do with the
| money.
|
| After walking away from six months of on-again, off-again talks about buying
| all or part of Yahoo! Inc., owner of the No. 2 Web search engine, Ballmer has
| left shareholders wondering if he has a plan B.
|
| Microsoft, the biggest software maker, has lost about $90 billion in market
| value this year as Ballmer vacillated on Yahoo and failed to show how he
| would crack Google Inc.'s dominance of Internet advertising.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aqWZ_7PKAYi4&refer=news

The beginning of the end is already behind. Microsoft is falling.

Debt is possible very shortly.

Earlier:

Microsoft should issue debt for a buyback--analyst

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) should take on
| debt to repurchase stock as a way to revive its flagging share price, a
| financial analyst said in a new report issued on Tuesday.
|
| Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co analyst David Hilal called on the company to
| take advantage of its predictable cash flow and rock solid balance sheet to
| execute a leveraged buyback.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2225586020080722

Days ago:

Microsoft earnings tidbits: Danger costs, plus MSFT's mortgage issue

,----[ Quote ]
| In another surprise disclosure, Microsoft said its investments include
| mortgage-backed securities but they're mostly "prime" mortgages and the
| portfolio is not directly exposed to the sub-prime meltdown:
|
|     "While we own certain mortgage and asset-backed fixed-income securities,
|     our portfolio as of June 30, 2008, does not contain direct exposure to
|     subprime mortgages or structured vehicles that derive their value from
|     sub-prime collateral. The majority of the mortgage-backed securities are
|     collateralized by prime residential mortgages and carry a 100% principal
|     and interest guarantee, primarily from Federal National Mortgage
|     Association, Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, and Government
|     National Mortgage Association. The remainder of the mortgage position is
|     collateralized by high quality international prime residential mortgage
|     loans."
`----

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/brierdudley/2008/07/amazing_tidbits_in_microsofts.html

Related: