[News] Good New Reviews of Linux-based Tablet, ASUS Eee

Lovers of Linux in for a treat with the Nokia N800

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are a fan of the operating system Linux then you are in for a treat
| with the Nokia N800 internet tablet. Lovers of internet browsing on the go
| will also delight in the large 800 x 480 touch screen and Wi-Fi connection
| for hooking up to any hot spot, anywhere at anytime. The tablet is capable of
| allowing the user to add extra memory to the device by SDHC card and the
| Nokia N800 has not one but two slots for double memory, plus the whole system
| is run on 320 MHz which is fast enough to zip along while multi-tasking.
`----

http://www.thewritersonline.com/education-and-training/lovers-of-linux-in-for-a-treat-with-the-nokia-n800.html

Asus EEE 900 Series Notebook PC 900MHz 1024MB 20GB 8.9 inch Linux (Black),
£249.41

,----[ Quote ]
| Easy to Learn, Easy to Work and Easy to Play. Share photos of your travels
| without waiting till you get home.
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/articles/2008/07/23/asus-eee-900-series-notebook-pc-900mhz-1024mb-20gb-89-inch-linux-black-24941/

Recent:

We Want A Dead Simple Web Tablet For $200. Help Us Build It.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm tired of waiting- I want a dead simple and dirt cheap touch screen web
| tablet to surf the web. Nothing fancy like the Dell latitude XT, which costs
| $2,500. Just a Macbook Air-thin touch screen machine that runs Firefox and
| possibly Skype on top of a Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/21/AR2008072101947.html

WiMax N810 Leaked, To Be Announced At CTIA?

,----[ Quote ]
| An eagle-eyed member of InternetTabletTalk.com noticed this interesting image
| of the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet in the February edition of the Best Buy
| Mobile buyer’s guide. Showing the tablet off on page 23 in a very sexy black
| outfit with an orange-backlit keyboard, Best Buy Mobile might have let the
| cat out of the bag a bit early.
`----

http://www.tablet-guru.com/2008/02/19/wimax-n810-leaked-announced-at-ctia/

Related: