[News] Microsoft Blogger Attacks Microsoft Critic, Tries to Have Him Fired

Microsoft's 'photo op' moment at open-source conference?

,----[ Quote ]
| Just when I think Matt's bias against Microsoft can't become any more
| evident, he has the audacity to blog on an event * HE DIDN'T EVEN ATTEND *.
| Congratulations on showing more and more why your opinions and blogs are
| worthless.
|
| Cnet, are you going to continue to have this guy represent you (of course,
| officially that's not the case)? Please, get some editorial standards in
| place, and remove him. He doesn't deserve the spot of recognization that's
| being given to him.
|
| John
|
| [...]
|
| John, for some reason the system seems to have neglected to register the last
| comment I made. Basically, I just noted that you're a blogger for Microsoft
| (unless it's a different John West), working in its SharePoint group. So
| perhaps your bias is an equal and opposing force to mine?
|
| I think you missed the point of this post, and you've missed the point of my
| posts for the past 4-5 years. I'm not a Microsoft hater. I genuinely and
| generally like its technology - it's the business practices that I often
| criticize. I even like your SharePoint quite a bit, despite competing with
| it. As a product, it's great. As a way to lock customers into its existing
| platforms, it's not so great.
|
| Microsoft will need to open up in order to compete on the web. It's not a
| critique - it's just required.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9994201-16.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Once again they strong arm writers! No disclosure even (just like the
Munchkins).

So Microsoft is trying to get someone fired for not believing that Microsoft
is "all about open source". What a bunch of gangsters. This happened before
(see below).

Related:

- From Open Sources:

,----[ Quote ]
| Backhanded compliments are always transparent. If you want your blog to
| have any credibility at all, you might want to consider putting some
| facts in with your opinion. You might also consider putting more of
| your own words in a blog post. You seem to have put the other blog'sw
| ords in your own little wrapper -- hoping to get credit for the ideas.
|

| [MATT'S NOTE: The IP address for this one came from One Microsoft
| Way in Redmond, WA. Imagine that.]
| Posted by: Tobin (Microsoft Employee) at May 29, 2007 08:39 AM
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/sco_was_microso.html

- From Rob Weir's blog:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11236681&postID=6486284387121513938