[News] Good Year for Ubuntu Linux, Debian Gearing Up Towards 5.0 (Lenny)

Ubuntu for business

,----[ Quote ]
| IT’S shaping up to be an exciting year for Ubuntu, the Linux distribution
| that can knock the socks off Windows Vista and free your company from
| expensive software licenses.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business6_july22_2008

Debian Project News - July 21st, 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Luk Claes sent a release update regarding the upcoming stable release Debian
| 5.0 Lenny. An important part is, that starting with next week, the transition
| of packages from the unstable to the testing branch will be frozen to
| concentrate on: fixing the remaining bugs.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2008/07/index.en.html

Days ago:

Debian packages for KDE 4.1, KOffice alpha9 and more

,----[ Quote ]
| In the beginning of this week, KDE 4.1 RC 1 was released and, of course,
| there are Debian packages since the release day. The instructions I blogged
| about how to install the beta1 (and downgrade) still mostly apply, although
| the version of the KDE 4 RC1 is 4.0.98.
| The Debian KDE Team website has finally been updated, so you have even more
| useful information about how to install KDE 4.1 packages from experimental,
| specially the bits about Apt Pinning.
`----

http://ekaia.org/blog/2008/07/19/debian-packages-for-kde-41-koffice-alpha9-and-more/

CherryPal Mini PC Makes Firefox the OS

,----[ Quote ]
| The CherryPal C100 is a new, small, inexpensive desktop designed to perform
| all its functions online, right down to data storage. The device runs a
| version of Debian Linux behind the scenes; however, the browser is really the
| application through which the user interfaces with the machine. Essentially,
| Firefox is the unit's operating system.

Join the first Maemo [Debian] Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| Know more about Nokia's Linux platform and its evolution. Meet the core team,
| 3rd party professional developers and key community contributors. Showcase
| and discuss your work. Learn, share, hack. And have fun!
|
| The Open Source in Mobile World conference is an interesting venue to know
| more about the business and technical context of the Maemo platform. Nokia is
| active in this event and invites the Maemo community to join it. After the
| conference we propose the first Maemo Summit calling to all contributors.
`----

https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008

Recent:

Deploying KDE [on Debian GNU/Linux] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html