[News] Firefox+Debian GNU/Linux as New O/S

CherryPal Mini PC Makes Firefox the OS

,----[ Quote ]
| The CherryPal C100 is a new, small, inexpensive desktop designed to perform
| all its functions online, right down to data storage. The device runs a
| version of Debian Linux behind the scenes; however, the browser is really the
| application through which the user interfaces with the machine. Essentially,
| Firefox is the unit's operating system.

Last week:

Windows will be killed by virtual appliances: VMware exec

,----[ Quote ]
| Large commercial operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, will no
| longer exist within five to ten years, according to a senior VMware
| executive. Instead there will only be very thin open source operating systems
| supporting virtual appliances.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19483/1168/

Recent:

SplashTop Linux On HP, Dell Notebooks?

,----[ Quote ]
| Days after we delivered that inaugural review, we found out DeviceVM was in
| talks with OEMs about shipping SplashTop on desktops and notebooks.
|
| [...]
|
| In addition to the instant-on Linux excitement this week for the HP Envy 133,
| Dell is apparently working on a similar Linux solution. Engadget has shared
| details surrounding the Dell E and E Slim.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=splashtop_voodoo&num=1

Related:

Dell considers bundling virtualization on motherboards

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070808-dell-virtualization-on-motherboards.html