Re: Microsoft is WINNING!!!11

Homer wrote:
> Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
>> Rick wrote:

> I see you are having difficulty with the phrase "at a wild guess".
>
> If I had any proof, then I'd report you for astroturfing, which is
> actually now a crime (in the EU at least). Good job for you that you
> manage to hide your identity so well, eh flatty.

>>> Show me some proof Roy is paid to post to COLA.
>>
>> Ironically, Schestowitz actually has a valid reason to post here. The
>> dummy brigade do not. A fact they like to gloss over regularly in the
>> pursuit of their crusade.
>
> Yes, the fact remains that it is highly questionable why someone would
> spend so much time and effort posting anti-Linux vitriol in a Linux
> group, especially when it is allegedly such an insignificant threat to
> the other platform that they "evangelise" for. If these Trolls are not
> actually paid agents of Microsoft, and/or Linux is not a significant
> threat, then why are they here? They're obviously not here to advocate
> Linux, and if they love Windows so much then why don't they just go away
> and use it, and be happy? Clearly they have an agenda, and it ain't just
> "passing the time".

Homer, you hit the nail on the head.  The lack of ethical behaviour at
Microsoft certainly makes things most suspect, especially with the
numerous court cases regarding anticompetitive acts.  At one time, there
was a thriving software industry.  Now, there are only a few competitors.

To wit, Microsoft Evangelism philosophy:

'Use [...] the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that the enemy is
desperate, demoralized, defeated, [...] associated with mental deficiency,
as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny". Just keep rubbing
it in, via the [...] newsgroups, [...] make the complete failure of the
competition's technology part of the mythology of the computer industry.'

(reference PDF pages 45 & 55 on
http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf - Comes vs Microsoft lawsuit )

Much of the astroturfing by these few individuals and their sock puppets
are responsible for the dross we see in this newsgroup.  Much of it is
done in a most perverted manner to do everything humanly possible to
silence Linux advocacy.  The humiliating advocates by accusing them of
homosexual conduct, nymshifting, nymstealing, usage of terms, "COLA nuts",
"Linux loons", "you work Windows during day and post Linux at night",
"Linux/FOSS slopware", cross posting to unrelated forums like
"alt.kooks.net", bizarre sexual ones, and etc. are intended for only one
purpose, do discourage anyone who enjoys posting about their Linux
experiences and beliefs away from this forum.

When there is a corporation that has this reputation:

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2005/07/14/microsofts-lawsuit-payouts-amount-to-around--9-billion

or http://tinyurl.com/59wley

[quote]
Microsoft's lawsuit payouts amount to around $9 billion
Updated Twice the GDP of Cambodia
By Désiré Athow: Thursday, 14 July 2005, 2:35 PM
* UPDATE Additional material at the end of this article.

MICROSOFT HAS had a long, a very long history of litigation, court orders,
patent infringements and antitrust lawsuits against it since the very
beginning of its history. We;ve managed to draw up a partial list of these.

The surprising thing is not only the number of those lawsuits against
Microsoft - at one time, it had more than 130 pending - but more
importantly, the sheer amount of money it represents.

The Redmond giant has been ordered to pay nearly $9 billion, a figure
which is set to rise with some lawsuits still to be ruled on.

[.... Table below rearranged according to award amount, header added]

Award Amount	Plaintiff
--------------  ------------------
$1,950,000,000 	Sun
$1,100,000,000 	California
$850,000,000 	IBM
$750,000,000 	AOL
$613,000,000 	EU
$536,000,000 	Novell
$521,000,000 	Eolas
$500,000,000 	DR DOS/Caldera
$440,000,000 	Intertrust
$250,000,000 	Apple
$240,000,000 	Minnesota
$202,000,000 	Florida
$150,000,000 	Gateway
$104,600,000 	Arizona
$96,000,000 	Perma Temps
$89,000,000 	North Carolina
$83,000,000 	Stac
$64,000,000 	Tennessee
$62,000,000 	SPX
$60,000,000 	Burst
$35,000,000 	Immersion
$34,000,000 	Massachusett
$32,000,000 	Kansas
$23,250,000 	Be
$22,600,000 	Nebraska state
$12,300,000 	Montana
$10,500,000 	Maryland
$10,500,000 	Private (5)
$9,700,000 	Vermont
$9,330,000 	South Dakota
$9,000,000 	Employee fired (3)
$9,000,000 	North Dakota
$8,960,000 	Carlos Armando (1)
$8,600,000 	Daum (4)
$6,200,000 	Columbia
$4,100,000 	Bristol
$3,150,000 	New Mexico
$2,000,000 	Iowa
Undisclosed 	Alacritech
Undisclosed 	AT&T
Undisclosed	Sendo
Still in court?	Discrimation Suit (2)
Still in court 	E-data
Still in court	Forgent
Still in court	Go
Still in court	Mythic
Still in court	Wordperfect suit
Still in court	Real

[...] * UPDATE Thanks to Groklaw and Mr. Jaffar for their assistance. Ten
more cases have now been added and the total in the coffer now exceeds the
$9 billion mark:

Time Line Settled, undisclosed
Ticketmaster Settled, undisclosed
Priceline Still in court?
Goldtouch technology Settled, undisclosed
Syn'x $ 250,000
eLeaders Settled, undisclosed
e-Pass Still in court
Roger Avary (6) Still in court
Arendi Holdings Still in court?
Borland $100,000,000
[/quote]

It is not hard to see where all this FUD is coming from.

--
HPT