[News] Reviews of New GNU/Linux Games

Comic touches keeps Rain-Slick Precipice fun

,----[ Quote ]
| When edgy, risque, and retro all come together in a video game, smart people
| stay off the street. Off the streets of New Arcadia, circa 1922, that is,
| because that's where evil seems to thrive in Episode 1 of On the Rain-Slick
| Precipice of Darkness, a newly released game from Hothead Games and Penny
| Arcade. We first wrote about it last fall, and the game has just been
| released for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox platforms. Now that we finally
| have Episode 1 in hand, here's our review.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137511

Penny Arcade Game

,----[ Quote ]
| From time to time I will check out Penny Arcade, and I remembered that they
| had a video game coming out.
|
| Today, I was pleased to find out they have a native linux version of On the
| Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One! There is a demo available, so
| I gave it a download to try it out.
|
| [...]
|
| The price ($20) is not too bad - I’ve heard reports of about 8 hours of
| gameplay, which seems decent enough. The linear nature of the game doesn’t
| offer much reason for replays, I should think. I’m expecting once through the
| thing.
`----

In any case, I’m glad to see another nice game coming native to Linux.

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/penny-arcade-game/

Quake 3: A True Classic Never Dies

,----[ Quote ]
| I started to play Quake 3 soon after its source code was licensed under the
| GPL. I must admit, I didn't play it from the beginning, and I'm at best a
| good player, but I always enjoyed playing online some classic mode.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/quake-3-true-classic-that-never-dies.html

Related:

Linux and Video Game Trends

,----[ Quote ]
| Recent developments in Linux video games shows a stunning improvement in
| support, not only by a better library of games for the operating system, but
| also for games not intended for Linux. Linux may finally gain some publicity
| if the developers continue to improve not just the video games, but also for
| the applications needed by the games.
`----

http://templatekit.com/stuff/2007/07/15/linux-and-video-game-trends/

3x the fun…Triple Monitor Gaming!