Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that DooFuS spake thusly:
>
>> It's more welfare for Linux - the only OS that needs welfare.
>
> No, it's the OS that doesn't need crap like REALbasic because it already
> has a huge number of better Free Software development tools, so the only
> way REAL are ever going to shift this junk to GNU/Linux developers is by
> giving it away, and frankly ... not even then.

Also nobody with more than two working braincells and /some/ self
respect in the *nix world, doesn't code in BASIC.

Gambas is considered a educational tool for kids, learning their first
programming steps. Pretty much like "the turtle program" in the 1980's.

BASIC is for kiddies :-p

> Now, go play with some buttons on Access, as usual.

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com