[News] More Proof That Mozilla Cares About GNU/Linux

Firefox 3 is Nearly Ready to Ship, Mozilla Says

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.0 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) fixed about 40 bugs identified after
| Mozilla issued the first release candidate three weeks ago. Among the
| higher-profile patches added to RC2 was one that addressed a performance
| problem in Firefox for Linux .
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146832/firefox_3_is_nearly_ready_to_ship_mozilla_says.html
http://tinyurl.com/59bbww

Mozilla is not tech's worst workspace

,----[ Quote ]
| I spent the better part of today at Mozilla's offices in Toronto - the
| workspace that my friend Nicholas Carlson at Valleywag labeled as 'the worst
| in tech'.
|
| Mozilla's Toronto office is far from the worst tech workspace I've ever
| seen - in fact I'd rank it among the best small office spaces in tech I've
| visited.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/06/mozilla-is-not-techs-worst-wor.html

Another video (Firefox 3 overview):

http://people.mozilla.com/~beltzner/overview-of-firefox3.swf

The T-Shirt History of Mozilla

http://www.intothefuzz.com/2008/06/04/the-t-shirt-history-of-mozilla/

Recent:

Comparison Between Linux Web Browsers - Review of 5 Linux Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| I chose to only review the GUI web browsers, since it's not exactly
| appropriate to compare a text-based browser like Lynx with Opera, for
| example. The browsers reviewed are the latest ones included in Debian Lenny,
| current date (May 17, 2008). The system used to review them is a Intel Core 2
| Duo 1.8 GHz with 1 GB DDRAM2. The comparison includes the major five Linux
| browsers: Konqueror, Firefox, Opera, Epiphany and Galeon. I'm aware of others
| like Dillo or the older Mozilla, but decided to include only the big players
| at the moment.
|
| [...]
|
| I must say, in my opinion Firefox is indeed the 'best' web browser for Linux
| at the moment. But of course, this depends on each one's needs. Some say it
| is a memory hog and Epiphany is lighter, or maybe others like good KDE
| integration and use Konqueror, or others prefer all the good features Opera
| comes with.
`----

http://lintut.50webs.org/browsers_comparison.html

Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census

,----[ Quote ]
| Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations in
| business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ubuntu-takes-early-lead-in-open-source-census/0,130061733,339288249,00.htm

Related:

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
| during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
| point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

Inside Firefox 3's Latest Beta Update, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Integration with Linux has also been kicked up a notch so that default icons,
| buttons and menu styles in Firefox now use the native GTK (The Gimp Toolkit)
| theme.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/it-management/61710.html?welcome=1203204489

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme