Re: [News] Microsoft/ISO 'Insiders', Smear Campaign Against ODF Advocates

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> <name="jim allchin" voice="gravelly">
>>>    Iss juss business, son.
>>>    <gunshot/>
>>> </name>
>>>
>> M$ is some evil bastards, ain't they?
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dalberg-Acton,_1st_Baron_Acton
>
>    "I cannot accept your canon that we are to judge Pope and King unlike
>    other men with a favourable presumption that they did no wrong. If
>    there is any presumption, it is the other way, against the holders of
>    power, increasing as the power increases. Historic responsibility has
>    to make up for the want of legal responsibility. Power tends to
>    corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost
>    always bad men."
>
> Another instance:
>
>    "And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few
>    hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get
>    control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power
>    corrupts absolutely."

This is why we have a parliament, and a democractic voting process, and,
err, secret lobbying, and, err, loaded tendering...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |