Re: [News] Customised Ubuntu Linux Runs Photo Frames

> RedPost Launches Wicker: A Customized Ubuntu for Digital Signs and Photo
> Frames
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| RedPost inc., an Indiana-based web startup, today announced the launch of
>| Wicker, their customized version of Ubuntu that runs on their digital signs.
>|
>| Eric Kanagy, CEO, led the project to develop Wicker. "We've customized Ubuntu
>| to make it work like a digital sign or photo frame and we figured we may as
>| well offer it to the world. It's nothing too fancy -- it just does what it's
>| supposed to do."
> `----
>
> http://www.openpr.com/news/45409/RedPost-Launches-Wicker-A-Customized-Ubuntu-for-Digital-Signs-and-Photo-Frames.html
> http://tinyurl.com/55exr5
>
> If it ran Windows, half the frame (or about 40%) would devolve and become a
> zombie. Spam-spewing photo frames... there's a thought!

Ahh, spam from a photo frame... william gibson and co really never
explored all these wonderful possibilities enabled by windows...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |