[News] Linux Laptops Everywhere

Editor's choice: 6 top ultra-portable laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the one that kicked it all off. The original Eee PC model which was
| only available running Linux.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/top-6-ultra-portable-laptops-384991

Most of them seem to be running Linux. Vista is a non-starter.

Ubuntu Netbook Remix: Q&A with Canonical

,----[ Quote ]
| Timed perfectly with the deluge of mini-notebook news coming out of Computex,
| Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu Linux, announced its new operating
| system: Ubuntu Netbook Remix.
|
| [...]
|
| We sat down for a conversation with Gerry Carr, marketing manager at
| Canonical, to discuss the new Atom-powered OS that’s designed to make Ubuntu
| the face of the mini-notebook space.
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/ubuntu-netbook-remix-qa-with-canonical

Dell's Linux mini-laptop (probably) yet to be announced...

Intel Says Yes to Overclocking - But doesn't offer warranty for overclocked
CPUs

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the main features of the recently released Intel 4 series chip set is
| that it will allow its users to better overclock their systems. Apparently,
| Intel will now give its users the necessary tools that will enable them to
| improve their system's overall performance, by tweaking and overclocking the
| central processing unit. Still, one thing that users shouldn't expect from
| Intel is to provide warranty support if something goes wrong.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Says-Yes-to-Overclocking-87347.shtml

Acer Joins the List of Companies Backing Linux

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/06/05/acer-joins-the-list-of-companies-backing-linux/

Recent:

Microsoft worried over Linux ULPCs

`----