Re: [News] GNU/Linux Gives a Lot More Than What You Pay For

Or they could buy a Eee PC (Linux) and it all works.  ASUS is far ahead of
the curve on Linux support.

That Lenovo PC probably has a Broadcom wireless chipset.  They will not
release the code for Linux even though the reference kit for it is Linux.
Go figure, as this is not news in the Linux circle.

But the anti-Linux OEMs are getting squashed.  Back when XP was 16 months
old, it would have been unheard of to get Linux from ASUS, Lenovo or Dell.
I hear HP is jumping in shortly with it's own entry to the US/Canadian
markets.... Vista, driving people to Linux and Apple.