Re: [News] [Rival] Sweater Boy and Sweaty Boy Don't Get Along

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:06:42 +0200
<g2bjq4$82c$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> "Phil Da Lick!" <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Gates-Ballmer Clash Shaped Microsoft's Coming Handover

[mangled quote snipped]

>>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121261241035146237.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news
>>

>> Interesting how that's the period of microsoft's real windows
>> troubles. XP's feature set and codebase would have been mainly
>> finalised by the time Gates handed over, and what have we seen since
>> then? A massive problem getting XP SP2 out the door on time and the
>> less said about the Vista debacle the better. Come back Bill, all is
>> forgiven? Well, maybe not but somebody competent needs to take the
>> reins there.
>
> Could you talk more rubbish? XP is doing very well. Instead of telling
> lies from la-la land, why not try advocating Linux?

OK by me.  Of course the specifics of the kernel get boring
rather quickly; most people would apparently rather talk
about Ubuntu.  ;-)

(Is there a comp.os.ubuntu.advocacy?)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  The choice of a GNU generation.
Windows.  The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".