Re: Filtering the Trolls

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 06:19:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ none of your buisiness on Sunday 25 May 2008 05:23 : \____
>>
>>> here is a list of free NNTP servers that the trolls in this group use to
>>> post their garbage. by adding all of these to your filtering rules for
>>> this group, you can virtually have a troll-free group here.
>>>
>>> 1. 40tude.net  <---this is Moshe Goldfarts current nntp server
>>> 2. aioe.org
>>> 3. anon.mixmaster.mixmin.net
>>> 4. news.astraweb.com
>>> 5. read.cnntp.org
>>> 6. dizum.com
>>> 7. pseudo.borked.net
>>> 8. easynews.com
>>> 9. free.teranews.com  <---this is where most of flatfishes post
>>> originate 10. googlegroups.com
>>> 11. hermetix.org
>>> 12. isole.net
>>> 13. mixmaster.it
>>> 14. registered.motzarella.org
>>> 15. orange.nl
>>> 16. news.easynews.com
>>> 17. news.teranews.com
>>>
>>> this list covers most of the free (and abusable) nntp servers that the
>>> trolls favor.
>>
>> Thanks. I didn't realise there was so many. Some of them (routes) I never
>> see because I filter based on other criteria. Routes are a last resort, in
>> cases of excessive nymshifting.
>
> As I recall aioe.org banned posts to COLA because of the excessive
> trolling. As for the anonymous remailers, I've had them blacklisted for a
> long time. Others in the above group are also blacklisted.
> It certainly cuts down the sig to noise ratio. :-)

aioe is no longer a cola problem, for sure.  I'm always looking at
possibilities for filtering at the server level, but I do have several
uers on my server, so I need to get general buy-in.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |