Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_raster_graphics_editors

This list shows Photoshop and GIMP in the same list, along with a lot of
other graphics editors that really /are/ obscure.

And GIMP is supported on more platform's than is Photoshop.  And it
competes pretty well with Photoshop and and Paintshop Pro on features.

Not bad for a freebie.

This one is funny:

   Microsoft Paint   No    No    No    No    No    Partial  Yes   No    No
      No    No    No    No    No

Good thing GIMP is ported to Windows:

   GIMP  Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes   Partial [15]   Yes   Yes   Yes   Yes
      Yes   Yes   Yes   No    Yes

--
In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things
happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I