[News] Firefox a Lot More Than Just a Web Browser

The Next Million Mozillians

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, David Eaves blogged about the potential for Mozilla to energize --
| and maybe even lead -- a mass movement for the open web. My response: hear!
| hear! More thinking, experimenting, conversing, inventing, definitionizing,
| evangelizing, politicking, standard-making and party-throwing in the name of
| the open web is very much needed. And Mozilla is certainly well situated to
| stir this pot.
`----

http://commonspace.typepad.com/commonspace/2008/06/the-next-million-mozillians.html

The Best Firefox Feature You'll Overlook

,----[ Quote ]
| So Mozilla worked hard to give developers the tools to make the software
| accessible in their own languages, Lilly says. "The essence of the Web is
| engagement, interaction, and making it yours. It's ridiculous for us to
| expect people to do that if the software is not in their own language," Lilly
| says. "I'm prouder of that than any other single feature."
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/personaltech/2008/06/19/firefox-new-browser-tech-internet-cx_bc_0619firefox.html

Why Firefox Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| If you use the Web for a living you're probably enjoying your shiny new toy
| already: the official release of Firefox 3. The team at Mozilla, the group
| behind the free Firefox Web browser, is gunning to set a record for most
| downloads in a 24-hour period.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/enterprisetech/2008/06/17/firefox-new-browser-tech-internet-cx_bc_0617firefox.html
http://tinyurl.com/5edvtg

Still beating its proprietary competition...

Browser bruiser: Opera 9.5 versus Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox, of course, has its plug-ins, and that level of user innovation and
| customization built on an open-source foundation clearly has been a winning
| combo for Mozilla. Many of the newest features in Opera 9.5, like the ability
| to see if a password works before saving it, are also part of Firefox 3.
| Pausable downloads, session management, and searchable bookmarks are also
| available in both.
|
| Choosing between these two alternative has more to do with personal
| preference and browsing style than either one sporting a killer feature. With
| Mozilla claiming more than 20 percent of the browser market between Firefox 2
| and 3, though, it's obvious there's only one alterna-juggernaut.
`----

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-9973363-12.html

Recent:

My first day with Firefox 3