[News] KDE's Killer Application, Customized Live CD/DVDs

Konqueror 3.5.9 Review - The Great Swiss Knife

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that over the years, Konqueror almost became synonymous with KDE.
| Even though there are alternative web browsers, file managers, good image
| viewers like Gwenview or PDF viewers like KPDF, Konqueror is still one of the
| most popular and most used application on the KDE desktop.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/konqueror-359-review-great-swiss-knife.html

KDE Maintenance Guide

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/kde-maintenance-guide.html

How To Make A Fully Customized KDE Live CD/DVD Using Kubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| There are tools available to allow anyone to create and distribute a
| completely customized Ubuntu Based distribution using the Gnome Desktop. Many
| Kubuntu users would like to do the same thing but such tools
`----

http://www.e-linux.it/news_detail.php?id=5552

Recent:

ACID3 and Konqueror

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see, amongst stable versions (in bold), Konqueror beats them all.
| Hip, hip, hooray for Konqueror (KHTML) devs! And one hip and hooray for
| WebKit!
`----

http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/2008/03/04/acid3-and-konqueror/

Related:

Konqueror 4.0 brings some vast improvements.

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 was released several days back, and thanks to the KDE Four Live CD, I
| was able to give it a try with very little effort. Having used it for about a
| day and a half now, I’d like to share some of my impressions of this new
| release of KDE.
`----

http://pinderkent.blogsavy.com/archives/148

KDE4 offers new glitzy look

,----[ Quote ]
| Another new feature is Dolphin, a new file browser that among other things
| can present thumbnails of images and let users add captions and star ratings.
|
| A revamped Systems Settings interface resembles Mac OS X's approach, with
| different options split into related categories.
|
| Cosmetically, KDE has new artwork, including graphical elements such as
| buttons and window frames, called Oxygen.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/KDE4-offers-new-glitzy-look/0,339028227,339285100,00.htm

Konqueror in KDE 4.0 RC2

,----[ Quote ]
| Konqueror has the distinction of being the default file manager as well as
| the default web browser of KDE 3.xx. It supports basic file management on
| local UNIX filesystems, from simple cut/copy and paste operations to advanced
| remote and local network file browsing. It has support for KIO slaves and has
| the KParts object through which it can embed components like media player,
| KWord etc. As a web browser it is HTML 4.01 compliant, supporting Java
| applets, JavaScript, CSS 1, CSS 2.1, as well as Netscape plugins (for
| example, Flash or RealVideo plugins).
| Konqueror is a also universal viewing application, capable of embedding
| read-only viewing components in itself to view documents without ever
| launching another application.
`----

http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2008/01/konqueror-in-kde-40-rc2.html

10 Things I Love about KDE 4 RC2+