[News] 200 New Centres in India Teach Free Software Skills

Nace to open 200 centres

,----[ Quote ]
| "The primary advantages of embracing open source lie in cost factor and
| security. This explains the migration from proprietary technologies to open
| source. About 80 per cent of enterprises worldwide are expected to switch
| over to open source technologies by 2010," Gopal said.
`----

http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?autono=326366&leftnm=8&subLeft=0&chkFlg=
http://tinyurl.com/6bkf6z

Recent:

Microsoft bails out its Indian managing director

,----[ Quote ]
| Neelam Dhawan, Managing Director of Microsoft India, will leave the company
| as of 30 June. Some media sources cite the Indian ooxml debacle as a reason.
|
| [...]
|
| In relation to the failure of Microsoft India to get a positive vote outcome
| Neelam Dhawan's bail out casts a negative light on the company. If standard
| setting gets performance based and a standard is not let through due to its
| technical merits but the fear of managing staff to lose its position it comes
| at no surprise that the management will fight with all means for the adoption
| of suboptimal solutions. Microsoft India even filed a complaint against the
| standard body No vote that caused the outrage.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-65836/microsoft-bails-out-its-indian-managing-director

Microsoft India MD joins HP

,----[ Quote ]
| In a major setback to IT giant Microsoft, its India Managing Director(MD)
| Neelam Dhawan has decided to call it quits and will join Hewlett-Packard
| (HP).
`----

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3108755.cms

What's up with Microsoft India?

,----[ Quote ]
| The CVP, MD and all her direct reports made this company a miserable place to
| work for! They created a feudal fiefdom for themselves.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/05/whats-up-with-microsoft-india.html

Wipro Microsoft alliance is a shame for all Indians – alliance or slavery?

,----[ Quote ]
| The alliance uses Microsoft technologies instead of challenging Gates in his
| own game. Wipro is just a servant of Microsoft facilitating Indian cyber
| slavery under the American corporate banners.
`----

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/19365.asp

Microsoft influencing partner NGOs to support OOXML in India

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is encouraging its business partners to promote its Office Open XML
| specification (OOXML) to the Indian Bureau of Standards (BIS) and Ministry of
| IT. This move has incensed supporters of the rival OpenDocument Format (ODF)
| who fear that the "soft" Indian state may not be able to stand up to
| Microsoft pressure tactics.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/128528

Finally, My open letter on OOXML happenings in India

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://deepakphatak.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-is.html