[News] Popular Firefox Derivative (Flock) Coming Soon

Flock me! It’s a new 2.0 beta browser based on Firefox 3!

,----[ Quote ]
| Social networking browser, Flock, has reached the 2.0 milestone in beta
| status, bringing together all the major social networking sites in the one
| browser. Offering all the enhancements of Firefox 3.0, you’ll only be
| flocking to use this browser if you’re a big social networking user.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18815/1103/

Flock Releases New Test Version of Open Source Social Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| The newest version of Flock incorporates improvements from Mozilla's Firefox
| 3 browser, which is scheduled for release Tuesday.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Flock-Releases-New-Test-Version-of-Open-Source-Social-Browser-63438.html
http://tinyurl.com/6baywg

Recent:

What the Flock - the Social Browser Revolution

| At first, Flock appealed to me in a purely superficial way. As you may have
| noticed, I’m a sucker for style, good design and pretty textures, and Flock
| certainly unites all of these features.
|
| Fortunately, that’s not all there is to tell. Flock is based on Mozilla
| Firefox and was first released in 2005. Back then it may have been a little
| bit ahead of its time since social web was only in its beginnings. Recently
| however, Flock has enjoyed very positive media coverage and its popularity
| virtually exploded in the beginning of this year, reaching close to three
| million downloads and increasing the number of active users by 135% [Source
| via Wikipedia].
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-the-flock-the-social-browser-revolution/

Related:

Flock 1.1.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Search with Flock is slightly different from other browsers because as text
| is typed in, Flock will start searching from the web as well as a user's
| favourites and history. These initial results are shown in a drop down menu.
|
| Note that versions for Mac OS X and Linux are available from the Flock
| website.
`----

http://business.pcauthority.com.au/download/flock-111.aspx

Old:

Flock 1.0 Coming Fall 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| When Flock 0.9 launched it was a pretty big overhaul, and now their next big
| milestone is Flock 1.0 which currently has a vague release date of Fall 2007.
| Honestly this is the dream browser for any heavy social network user out
| there, and hopefully they’ll pursue more of the less tech savvy people who
| use MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube because I can guarantee that they would
| absolutely love it.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2007/09/18/flock-10-coming-fall-2007/

Review: Flock - Open Source Social Media Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Flock is just released version 1.1 including new features like Picasa
| integration and web mail integration with Gmail and Yahoo! mail. I really
| like the inclusiveness of the Flock browser. The sidebar is very useful but
| it’s hard to be deep with every feature set such as the RSS feature and the
| Twitter integration. I think the web clipboard is very useful but there are
| other types of clipboards that are universal for all your applications are
| better tools for someone going to Where I think Flock falls down is in it’s
| resource footprint, it seems to be a little sluggish in comparison to
| Firefox. If you want fast performance and don’t care about all the other
| stuff then stick with Firefox but if you want a single tool for all your Web
| 2.0 needs you can probably save some time with Flock but you will still
| probably need some of your favorite Firefox extensions to make it meet all
| your needs.
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2008/03/07/review-flock-open-source-social-media-browser/

Flock 0.9 lands gracefully

,----[ Quote ]
| The Flock project has been building a "social Web browser" since 2005.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/114656

Flock: social browser gets significant update

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/social/?p=236