Re: [News] Tackling the Question About Linux's Inherent Security

> Is Linux the most secure OS?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Furthermore, determining a ?most secure? OS is not as straightforward as it
>| might at first sound. One of the most common criteria used by people who
>| don?t really understand security, and by those who do understand it but want
>| to manipulate those who don?t with misdirection and massaged statistics, is
>| vulnerability discovery rates. Those of us who know better are aware that
>| there?s a lot more to security than counting vulnerabilities.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=471

I've no problems with vulnerabilities being found, so long as they are
fixed, openly and well.  Windows has about 10 years of catching up to do
here - it seems unlikely that it could be done.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |