[News] ArtistX 0.5 Released, VectorLinux 5.9 SOHO Deluxe Announced

ArtistX 0.5 - A Complete Multimedia Studio on a Live DVD - Create music and
edit videos right from the Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| ArtistX 0.5, a Debian-based Live DVD Linux distribution, was announced a few
| days ago by Marco Ghirlanda. This distro is full of applications for audio,
| video and graphics creation & editing. It uses the Linux kernel 2.6.25, KDE
| 3.5 as desktop manager and, as a bonus, you get Compiz 0.7.7 (from Debian
| unstable) for more eye-candy.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ArtistX-0-5-A-Complete-Multimedia-Studio-on-a-Live-DVD-88059.shtml

VectorLinux 5.9 SOHO Deluxe Edition

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://vector2.ecosq.com/products/vector-linux-5.9-soho-deluxe-edition

| ArtistX is a live DVD which turns a computer into a full
| multimedia production studio. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux
| and contains nearly all the available free audio, 2D and 3D
| graphics, and video software for the GNU/Linux computing platform.
| It doesn't need to be installed, and boots directly into a running
| system without touching hard drives. The files produced with ArtistX
| can be easily stored on USB devices or CD/DVD medium while it is
| running.
`----

http://artistx.org/

VectorLinux SOHO 5.9 Preview LiveCD Launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux team launched a LiveCD version of the DELUXE SOHO edition for
| their distribution. The VectorLinux SOHO 5.9 Preview LiveCD is offered for
| free so everyone can try the product – VectorLinux DELUXE SOHO – before
| buying it. The developers want to make sure that the upcoming DELUXE SOHO
| edition works on everyone's hardware.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/VectorLinux-SOHO-5-9-Preview-LiveCD-Launched-82791.shtml

VectorLinux 5.9 - Will It Be Pandemic?

,----[ Quote ]
| With seven stable releases  of VectorLinux Standard Gold edition  under their
| belts, the developers  of VectorLinux  have released the  much-awaited
| VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold edition on the 21st of December 2007 to the joy
| of many Vectorians.
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold is a very functional release. It looks
| a lot better than the previous version. I did not encounter any major
| glitches during the testing. It was a delightful experience seeing the faster
| boot time of VectorLinux 5.9, as compared to  VectorLinux 5.8. The softwares
| seem snappier and more stable than the ones in version 5.8 too!
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/224/1/

VectorLinux-5.9 standard final GOLD is under the tree!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://vectorlinux.com/article.php?sid=40