Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive

> Microsoft continues paring back the Windows Live family
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| But the future of services outside of the core Windows Live group seems
>| uncertain. I had been hearing talk for the past few months that Microsoft was
>| readying a new consumer service for public safety. The alleged service,
>| according to sources, was designed to help individuals locate friends and
>| family members during a crisis or catastrophe. (I heard Microsoft might be
>| eveloping a similar service aimed at enterprises, too.) Given that the
>| Windows Live team seems more focused on paring down than building out the
>| Live stable of services, I?m wondering whether this one will ever see the
>| light of day.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1426
>
> Crumbling?

Microsoft windows can't stay up when everything else is working, what
chance has it got when half the infrastructure has collapsed?  They're
the last people I'd want working on anything life-critical.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |