Re: [News] Sun's CDDL a Barrier to Competition Against GPL-licensed Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:

> The guys who wrote the CDDL and pushed it through should go fsck
> themselves.

You need to speak to Andrew Tucker, Claire Giordano, Jörg Schilling and
Danese Cooper:

[quote]
In the words of Danese Cooper, who is no longer with Sun, one of the
reasons for basing the CDDL on the Mozilla license was that the Mozilla
license is GPL-incompatible.
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Development_and_Distribution_License

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 16:34:23 up 178 days, 13:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.41