Re: [News] Windows Users Come to GNU/Linux, Resistance to Good Change Felt

> Bringing a Windows mindset to a GNU/Linux world
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| just ran across a level of stupid so off the charts I had to immediately
>| comment on it here lest my inaction unwittingly foster an environment
>| tolerant of such stupidity.
> `----
>
> http://www.cydeweys.com/blog/2008/06/12/always-sudo/

That article does bring up a real problem:

   You probably dont need sudo but I have got into the habit of adding
   it before pretty much everything.

A new Linux user will (generally) need quite a bit of guidance from
fellow Linux users to avoid silly behaviors.  And a commentor makes a
good point that is true even on Windows:

   It's the dabbling "power-users" who are most prone to
   blowing things up as they mess around with tools they don't
   fully understand.

Anyone up for a random Registry edit? <grin>

--
"Microsoft has had competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
museums to document this stuff."