[News] MPower Adopts Duality with GPL, Railo Goes LGPL

CRM Vendor for Nonprofits MPower Accepted by SourceForge

,----[ Quote ]
| MPower, which sells nonprofit constituent relationship management (CRM) and
| fundraising products, announced that its product has been accepted by
| SourceForge.net, an online repository of open source code and applications.
`----

http://telephony-hardware.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/31075-crm-vendor-nonprofits-mpower-accepted-sourceforge.htm

World's Largest Online Repository for Open Source Software Accepts MPower

,----[ Quote ]
| Consistent with the dual licensing approach used by many of the world’s
| leading open source solutions (e.g., MySQL, Asterisk and Alfresco), MPower is
| available on SourceForge and through MPower directly under two licenses.
| Nonprofits may use and innovate with the software under the latest version of
| the GNU General Public License, or GPLv3, which is the most widely used
| licensing agreement for open source software.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080613005081&newsLang=en

Railo to go open source under JBoss

,----[ Quote ]
| The new release, version 3.1, will be distributed under the LGPL2 license.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/codemonkeybusiness/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270993

Recent:

Pentaho Releases Business Intelligence Platform Under GPL License

,----[ Quote ]
| Pentaho Corp., the commercial open source alternative for business
| intelligence (BI), today announced that its current version 2 alpha release
| of the Pentaho BI Platform, as well as future versions, will be distributed
| under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 2 (GPLv2).

Irreconcilable conflict between $ and Open Source ?!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/06/legal-firm-warns-of-irreconcil.html