Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

  • Subject: Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:55:34 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:UDZowxYoD3l/EiYLNHzzbkvAXaA=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> BBC website �36m 'overspend'
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| THE BBC went almost �36 million over the intended budget for bbc.co.uk in the
>| past year, it was disclosed today.
> `----
>
> http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/technology/s/1051855_bbc_website_36m_overspend?rss=yes?rss=yes
>
> How much did the MSBBC let Microsoft steal while creating total vendor/platform
> lock-in (answer below, along with a lie)?

Well, Ashley Highfield lost his job over it, which is a salient warning
to any others who wish to indulge in such corruption.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |