Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of June, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of June, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:40:50 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:zZzh1icOuQY4rlT5GlqM0u6J1uE=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 849 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     295  897130     2%
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         57   77517    23%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   49   53678    55%
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   40   72495    68%
      Lurky - CSMA Refugee                              40   50171    61%
   6. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 32   78140    36%
   7. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>               29   28427    43%
   8. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            26   40071    79%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    26   10646    61%
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        25   26830    48%
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   25  279822     9%
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          17    9614    44%
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                         17   32730    69%
  14. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     13   19051    48%
  15. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                       11   14029    62%
  16. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     10   12838    69%
  17. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                9   25090    36%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    9    7078    26%
  19. Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxx>                   8   10886    49%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>            8    9663    63%
  21. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             7    7232    80%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        7   23200    75%
  23. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                6   10537    73%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6    6106    60%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          6    6230    66%
  26. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                       5    9652    84%
      weedhopper - CSMA Refugee                          5    4943    80%
  28. ZnU - CSMA Refugee                                 4    4318    75%
      Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                          4    1289    55%
      Mayor of R'lyeh - CSMA Refugee                     4    2153    59%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Amazing Progress for Compiz Fusion on GNU/L       23   22832
   2. The original iPhone failed.                              21   22995
      Linux Box Infected!                                      21   10562
   4. why 3G of memory for vista desktop?                      20   38517
   5. Where do I get the Mac version of this software?         18   18105
      [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback              18   19423
      Windows need no apply (world' fastest supercompute       18    8499
   8. Micoshaft Causing Retardation of IT Admins?              17   15982
   9. Divided we Fall                                          15   33419
  10. For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list         14   17457
  11. [News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Mo       12   10156
      Comparison                                               12   11582
  13. Innovation(tm) in Windows 7                              11   17215
  14. [News] Firefox Eats Microsoft Market Share, Versio       10   13088
  15. Another clear sign of Microsoft's confusion: Redmo        9    9451
      [News] Vista Can't Compete with Linux on MIDs, Pri        9   18562
  17. [News] Another Big Blow to Microsoft Troll                7   11757
      [Rival] Neelie Kroes Takes a Shot at Microsoft's P        7   18377
      Sandcastle: The best Microsoft-originated name sin        7    6621
      Linux just lets you work                                  7    7635
      Mac owners left out in the cold... for the really         7    3572
      =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_Microsoft=27s_Chief_Archite        7    9833
      [News] Mark Shuttleworth Defends Use of Microsoft         7    8808
  24. LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs        6   35397
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Patents Human Behaviour          6   15845
      Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 7th of June, 2        6   13533
      [News] GNU/Linux Supercomputer Breaks Record              6   13738
      [News] Another Big Blow to Microsoft in the UK (Sc        6   16783
  29. OT : PS3 components break records                         5    6419
      [News] Asian OEMs Moves Beyond Microsoft (to GNU/L        5   11484
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     42
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        33
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  30
   4. Lurky - CSMA Refugee                                             21
   5. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              18
   6. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         17
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    17
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   14
   9. Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                                        10
  10. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
  11. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            8
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         8
  13. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 7
  14. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        6
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               6
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       6
      Htnakirs <htnakirs@xxxxxxxxx>                                     6
  18. ZnU - CSMA Refugee                                                5
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     5
  21. Jeanette <jrusso2@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    4
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  24. Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                                         3
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
      Mayor of R'lyeh - CSMA Refugee                                    3
  29. QuantumLeaper <leaper@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                2
      Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    137
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          76
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                72
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    72
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       66
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              66
   8. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        65
   9. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
      Jeremy Fisher <freya@xxxxxxxxxx>                                 64
  11. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  63
  12. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         60
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          60
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      60
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         60
  16. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        59
  17. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              58
  18. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      57
  19. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   56
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    56
  21. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           53
  22. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           52
  23. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              48
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           361
   2. slrn                                                            114
   3. Thunderbird                                                     101
   4. Pan                                                              52
   5. G2/1.0                                                           51
   6. Microsoft Outlook Express                                        46
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   27
   8. Forte Agent                                                      24
   9. tin                                                              17
  10. Hogwasher/4.3                                                     4
  11. 40tude_Dialog                                                     2
      Thoth                                                             2
  13. Unison                                                            1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Mozilla                                                           1
      Xnews                                                             1
      Microsoft Windows Mail                                            1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 07:40:37 up 176 days,  4:16,  1 user,  load average: 0.83, 0.29, 0.19