Re: [News] [Rival] Must Be Rich to Fight Microsoft Corruption

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> UKUUG Court Case Falls at First Hurdle

So what?

No point in wasting money on legal challenges like this.

The case against MS' standards application is not based on legal
technicalities in any case, but upon the fact that MS doesn't have the
bucks to be able to pay testers to forsee all the ramifications and
possible problems that can affect their customers who use their software.
They treat their user community as milch cows, not as partners, and the end
result is that their software products are old-fashioned and obsolete, and
actually cause people's hardware to fail.

Customers are not stupid. As someone once said, fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me. And enough people by now have bought MS
software to know that that was a bad decision. They are looking round for
alternatives.